If you like hunting down cute illustrations online you will no doubt have stumbled across Pixiv
. These sites are popular open platforms for both amateur and professional illustrators to submit their digital art, often manga and anime inspired. Illustrators throughout Japan and beyond have been posting 'What's in my bag?' (かばんのなかみは) illustrations for a while now... this satisfies two interests of mine: a nosiness of what other girls cart around in their handbags, and a love of real life objects drawn to a miniature scale. I thought I would share some of my favourite 'What's in my bag?' artwork found around Pixiv...
There are literally hundreds of illustrations tagged under 'What's in my bag?' on Pixiv and Topit. I think Japanese girls carry the cutest things but what I really like about these illustrations is the humour that is injected into them. There's no glossing over the fact that us girls carry a lot of junk!
Having spent ages admiring other Pixiv art I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do my own...
*ﾟ✲ﾟ*:₀｡Click to enlarge!*ﾟ✲ﾟ*:₀｡
Here's what I always carry in my backpack:
- My HTC One Max- my huge phone and my lifeline
- Urban Ears headphones... they are battered and bruised but I still love them
- My purse containing money, cards and my ID- I really should have graduated to a wallet by now but I love cute purses!
- My Oyster card - A Londoner's essential
- A broken Chanel powder compact, held intact with a hair-tie obviously
- Lipstick - in case I'm going somewhere
- My keys... on a Chromeo keychain. I had a time-turner from Harry Potter studios but it broke!
- Juice - I am terrible at drinking water so I always have some liquid sugar instead
- Tic-Tacs - or other sweets. Limited edition flavours are my specialty
- Nurofen - just in case
- Deodorant - to spray on myself and around me on public transport
- AW13 Book of Deer sweatshirt for when the sun sets
- A book - reading material for queues
- My pen case - for all my favourite ball-point pens and pencils because you never know when inspiration will hit!
So there you have it! My not-so-glamarous daily essentials revealed! I hope you've enjoyed peeking at my possessions as much as I've enjoyed drawing them!
More ‘What’s in Your Bag?’ drawings can be found here at Pixiv and Topit.